Our partners are crucial to the success of Bible translation! We partner with both individuals and other agencies and organizations.
- Team members: We see all of our team members as partners in the ministry of Bible Translation. These include administrators, board members, national directors, translators, trainers, consultants, reviewers, typesetters, publishers, printers, financial supporters, prayer partners, and friends who provide accommodation, transportation, meals, advice, and skills.
- Short term participants: A large and growing group of guest trainers and guest consultants make up a very important part of our partnerships!
Agencies and Organizations
- Supporting churches: Churches in South Africa, the UK and the USA are involved in supporting members and support staff.
- Local churches: A broad range of local churches partner with us across Africa and in Slovakia, from Roman Catholic to the Kale Heywet church (the largest evangelical church in Ethiopia). They are our most important partners in the process of recruiting potential translators to enter our training program. They also play a large role in reviewing the ongoing translation work (via review committees) and are critical to making sure that the published scriptures are as widely used as possible!
- National Bible agencies: National Bible Societies partner with TWFTW in strategizing, establishing Bible translation projects, providing partial financing, helping to provide consultants, and ultimately publishing translations.
- Other Bible agencies: Please see the other members of the Forum of Bible Agencies International (FOBAI) here.
- Ministries: EMIT formerly Africa Ministries International), Literacy and Evangelism International, and the South African Theological Seminary are some of the ministries we partner with.
- Donors: Foundations, Trusts, and businesses are also important partners/team members with TWFTW.